Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Remembering Those Whom Empowered Me

Every now and then  I look back over my life and think about all of the individuals  whom empowered, encouraged, and unleashed the motivation within me.  It saddens my heart that most of them have transitioned out of this world and people like them are very few.  It is no wonder that our youth are out of control.  Very few people are investing in the future. There is not enough nurturing or attention on the children.  It seems as if there is a disconnect and the children are being neglected, used, and abused.  The youth are our future.   We are destroying our future.

I must first give honor to my grandmother, whom I called "Momma and grandfather, whom I called "Daddy."   My mother birthed me at a very young age.  Momma and daddy stood in the gap.  She nurtured me, protected me, taught me how to cook and how to survive.  "Always have your own" she instilled in me.  "Don't depend on no one and help those you can."  Daddy taught me that women are not made to beat upon; and men are suppose to take care of home.  Ms. McClintock, a Nun at St. Genevieve Catholic School taught me how to behave as a young lady.  How to sit and definitely - no cursing.  My mother taught me how to take care of my children - and really how not to enable them.  My aunts show me how to be protective.  Areta, showed me how to take care of others - regardless if they are your children or not.  Betty Griffin and Ms. Eloise taught me how to shop.  My father, James "Fix-It-Man" Finley, taught me how to stand for what it is right and ethical.  Say what you mean and mean what you say.  My Uncle James Robinson taught me how to handle my business and to be professional in all I do.  Guess what, there are others whom are teaching me right now.

You see, life is a big classroom.  There are plenty of lessons to learn.  You just have to want to learn and be open to receive.  It's about choices.  So, People Empowering People 247 was created as a result of all that have been instilled in me and as a way to invest back into society.  This blog is created so that we can encourage and empower one another.  Life is for living - and living life to its fullest.  God created us for His purpose.  I have discovered that my purpose is to help others along my journey.  Giving a hand up - not a handout.  So this blog, the webpage is created to help someone. I can't do it by myself.  I need you to help, too.  There may be times I may need your help.  So let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment