Monday, November 2, 2015

Forty Day Journey - Day 2 - Are You An Accident?

DAY  2  - 

I was born to a 15 year old single mother and grew up in public housing.  My mother was the best mother she knew how to be - at that time.  I love my mother and have utmost respect for her.  My father was in and out of my life.  My grandparents stood in the gap and raised me, (with the help of four aunts) until I was almost a teenager.  I was told that I was an accident and was led to think that I destroyed my mother's life.  I never received that message in my spirit and pushed forward into learning how to live my life without making the same mistakes.



"Long before you were conceived by your parents, you were conceived in the mind of God.  He thought of you first.  It is not fate, nor chance, nor luck, nor coincidence that you are a breathing at this very moment.  God prescribed every single detail of your body.  He deliberately chose your race, the color of your skin, your hair, and every other feature.  He also determined the natural talents you would possess and the uniqueness of your personality.  

Because God made you for a reason, he also decided when you would be born and how long you would live.  God had a plan in creating you.  He knew the two individuals with the exact DNA he wanted to make you - regardless if they were good, bad, or indifferent.  While there are illegitimate parents, there are no illegitimate children.  God's plan took into account human error and even sin.  God never does anything accidentally and He never make mistakes.  God's motive fore creating you was in His love.  He made you for a reason and your life has a profound meaning!  We discover that meaning only when we make God the reference point of our lives."



Thinking About My Purpose


Point to Ponder:  I am not an accident.

Verse to Remember:  "I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born." Isaiah 44:2

Question to Consider:  I know that God uniquely created me.  What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?

My answer:  

I am struggling to accept the fact that I am too giving and some take my kindness for weakness. Why do I have to care about others so much?  Why do I sacrifice me, my time and talents - only to be left with a feeling of being used? Why haven't my talents placed me in a better financial position?  Knowing that God uniquely created me, I often find myself battling with whether I should do certain things or if I shouldn't.  I know that God doesn't want me to be a door mat or be used, but I always want to do what is pleasing in His sight.  Forever praying for clarity and a spirit of discernment.  God has been faithful.




This 40-day blog is Guided by the book, The Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment