Saturday, November 28, 2015

Encouragement Through Life's Turbelence - I Am Still Grateful!

This Thanksgiving month has been a month of balancing it all out. I often write and listen to music.
Though storms are raging in my life, I won't complain, and I am still most grateful.

Have you ever been knocked down or felt beat down by two?                                      
I have and must share these words of empowerment with you.
It just may be the very thing that brings you through.

While living in peace, one day as I was journey through life
Along came a personal family problem
It pierced my heart - felt like a knife

I quickly forgot my focus, my purpose, and sometimes me
Focused on the problem, misery, and strife...I became weak
Depressed, couldn't think straight, but wait  ...
Out of the darkness, hell's gate, another personal problem, a storm, did sneak



Distracted by the situations, I was purposeless living and was sinking deep
Distractions are to bind you
Distractions will take all you have - peace, possessions, purpose - for keeps


Psalms 27: 13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Depressed, can't think straight
Weakened double - what, oh what can I do?
As I think things over and look around
I realized all of my good days outweigh my bad days, I won't complain
So I quickly stand back up - I get off the ground


Understand, in the storm I couldn't see
I was being bound by the two oppressors - maybe the three
Emotionally hijacked, I was filled with fear
But NOTHING could block me knowing God had not left me and He is always near.

God's guardian angels, He quickly dispatched
One took me in for shelter,
One spoke God's peace, power, and life
And another reminded me of my victory that can never be snatched
For no weapon formed against me shall prosper
We all prayed and told the storm where to go
God is in control and have the power - we all know


Now, I have stopped looking at the situations
But instead I look at the meaning of life
Checking dials, balancing, reading compasses of destiny
And removing myself from all distractions and strife

Revisiting what I and others have and can endure...
My multiple life's turbulence
Harriet Tubman traveling through the Underground Railroad
Mrs. Coretta Scott King - husband murdered and her battle with cancer
Nelson Mandela - spending twenty-seven years in prison
ALL still fully engaged in their purpose
I AM EMPOWERED!  I can do this!  I am sure!

For I know all that God has bought me through
I know that God is good and is always near
He won't let you down
So I have no fear!
God KNOWS the plans He has for you.
I AM GRATEFUL!



Because I have committed my life to God, I know I will be tested and will go through
There will be times that I will be emotionally hijacked and possibly lose control of the flesh
I ask God for forgiveness, to remove anything that is not of Him from me, and fill the void with His likeness.
I pray, declare, and decree that God WILL mold me into the woman He has called me to be
In the midst of my trails, tribulations, life's turbulence, I am strengthened...
I am strengthen in God's perfect peace to carry out God's will
My life is not my own, to Him I belong, and it is to be used as a testimony
Greater is coming...
I give myself away, so God can use me...



Psalm 27: 14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.



1 Chronicles 16:34
34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment