Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Guard Your Heart


"Guard your heart" is easier said then done.  However if we truly realize that our heart determines the course of life, then we would guard our hearts more sincerely.   Not guarding your heart opens the door to emotional hijacking and possible self-destruction.

How can a battered woman guard her heart?
How can a fatherless child guard his heart?

These are two questions that ran through my mind after receiving the recent email below:

"Sorry, I called so late.  I am wondering could I ask you a question?  Do you still talk to XXXXX?  I can't call him anything other than that because he was never there for me.  The only thing I remember about him is how he used beat my mother and barely support me as far as clothing.  He even went to see if I was really his by doing a blood test and that was when I was in 5th grade.  I can remember these things vividly and I would like to give him a piece of my mind for not being responsible enough to be there as a man and tucking his tail like the coward he always was, is, and forever will be in my eyes, nothing but an absolute joke.  He will have to answer to a higher power when the day comes and hopefully will pay the price for doing what he did to my mother and I.  I've had a bad taste in my mouth for a long time now and would absolutely love to spit it all in his face,  I could never find it in my heart to forgive him for scarring all these years.  I would like to tell him that he is a straight clown and that I'm a better father, friend, and mentor to my children then he has ever been in his whole existence.  I have nothing but hate and rage for this man and that's how it forever will be.  Goodnight."

Fathers...men, should realize the impact of their absence from a child's life.  Some children carry thoughts and feelings, such as above, for their entire life.  Many self-destruct while others strive to do better than the absent parent.  Mothers...women, should realize the impact of keeping children away from their fathers.  Children are not toys and should not be used as objects of tug-a-wars.  Please remember children are very fragile and don't know how to guard their hearts - especially from parents and children should not have to guard their hearts when it come to parents.   It should be all about and nothing but LOVE from them and for them.

Unfortunately mutual love between a parent and child is not always the case.  As hard as it may be, in order to be free from the bondage of hate and to be in obedience to God's ten commandments, we still must honor our father and mother so that our days may be longer.  Where there are wrong doings, God will take care of that.  Work toward forgiveness and let God handle the rest for anything less will create a flowing mess.

Matthew 15:4
For God said, 'Honor your father and mother' and 'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.'

Ephesians 6:2
"Honor your father and mother"--which is the first commandment with a promise--
Leviticus 19:3
"'Each of you must respect your mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 27:16
"Cursed is anyone who dishonors their father or mother." Then all the people shall say, "Amen!"







No comments:

Post a Comment