Monday, August 10, 2015

Are You Facing Your Giants - Internally or Externally?

In days when there is so much chaos surrounding us, I often wonder what is the root of the evil that leads people astray - saying and doing matters of hurt against fellow mankind.  People - prominent - professionals- authoritative are behaving like children who do not know their own minds. Giants' actions are those of the adversary - bullying, killing, dividing, and destroying.  Giants can come in disguise such as alcohol, drugs, sex (lust), abuse, stealing, the love of money (greed), racism - anything which controls you, holds you captive, and leads you astray.  Depending on which side you are dealing, giants are deceptive and can create everlasting chaos in your life and others.  Giants bring about fear, a false sense of power, and all manners of self-destruction - if you allow it.  I make it a habit to look at situations from two perspectives (the natural and the spiritual). When I think about giants, I first think about the story, Jack and the Beanstalk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN_C-eGzEEs

During my thinking, I reverted the attention back to me and did a self-assessment.  What are my behaviors?  Am I emotionally or mentally reacting or responding to any of the adversities that I witness?  Am I allowing my mindset to be shaped by the evil and greed that surrounds me?  Is what I am seeing creating a giant within me?  What are my giants and how are they controlling me or keeping me in bondage? Am I running from them thus allowing the giants to forever be on my trail or have I learned to face them?

One of the most famous stories in the Bible is that of  David and Goliath.  David's killing of the giant is recognized as a symbol of good over evil.  (1 Samuel, chapter 17).  What are you doing to destroy evil?  Are you overcoming evil with good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7AWTRwNyUQ

There is nothing new under the sun.  We all have giants.  The key is learning how to face the giants. We can attempt to learn from other people - but from those whom have overcome the same or similar giant; and in that, we must remember that no two situations are exactly the same.  I, personally, have gravitated toward sitting at the feet of the elder.  Most of them have lived a life which has equipped them with wisdom.  They have lived through life's experiences and learned from them.  If they reference the Bible - which is the foundation of learning wisdom, I feel confident in the guidance I am given.  Psalms 37:30 states, "The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom and his tongue speaks what is just."  Wisdom is justified by works.  True wisdom knows the necessities for the real reason of ...Wise people accepts both sides of truth in obeying the call to repentance and faith in the Saviour.  Wise people realize they can not face their giants alone.  They must take God with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment